Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Validation summary errors
posted

Hi,

There seems to be an issue with multiple validation summaries with a validation summary on each UltraWebTab. It seems on page load the script is trying to remove other validation summaries not on the current tab, even though the LoadOnDemand async option is set on the tabs.

On page load, a script error is thrown (as null) on the dispose function shown below.

document.getElementById('ValidationSummaryClientId).dispose = function() {
Array.remove(Page_ValidationSummaries, document.getElementById('ValidationSummaryClientId'));
}

But when I remove the ValidationSummary, it seems to work fine. The error seems to appear only once on the initial page load though.

When I set the LoadOnDemand, why is it trying to remove the Validation summaries on other tabs?

Also for testing, when I put a alert on each tab, the previous tab alert is shown and then the current tab. If it might help, I the following level:

Master / Page / UltraWebTabControl / UserControl (UserControls have validation summaries)

Thanks

Gavini

Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello Gavini,

I know it’s been a while since you posted your question but if you still need help with this I’d be glad to help.

Do you have UpdatePanel on the page?

Please keep in mind that the AJAX based controls (UpdatePanel, WebDialogWindow, WebSplitter, etc.)

are not compatible with CallBackManager used by WARP and UltraWebTab with enabled async mode.

Those controls cannot be nested in each other, but they can by used only side by side.

You should disable async mode of UltraWebTab when wrapping it into UpdatePanel.

Let me know if you need further assistance.