Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Postback on some nodes and not others?
posted

Hi I was hoping that the webtree component could handle my requirements but I cannot see a solution, so I am hoping someone will be able to help me.

My requiremet is as follows.. my webtree will display addresses and each address will have mulitple contact nodes. I would like to have an address node called "Add address" on the same level as all other addresses which will redirect to another page on the server, or maybe generate a popup (not decided). I would also have another node under each address called "add contact" in the same vein. My issue is that there is one server event "nodeclick" which is always fired on a click BUT I dont want it to fire if an existing address node is clicked  (this should just expand/contract the clicked address).

So I guess what I am asking is is it possible to cancel the server side nodeclicked event for some nodes? Perhaps an event cancel in some client side event?

Many thanks for your help

Richard

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

You can try the approach suggested in this online KB article -  HOWTO:How to prevent postback for certain nodes of a WebTree

http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Support/KnowledgeBaseArticle.aspx?ArticleID=8263

Basically the idea is to use the tree client-side object model and cancel the postback for certain node from a client-side event handler. More information and code samples can be found at the link above and in the CSOM UltraWebTree documentation. 

Reply Children
No Data