Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Slow page load with webgrid
posted

Hi,

I have a page with an editable webgrid ont it. This grid contains about 6 columns, 2 of which are dropdownlists with about 2 items in it. Users are able to populate the grid as it is, and in most cases, up to 10 rows of data. 

Loading times are not an issue over intranet/local connection. However, when I deployed this project, it seems that it takes around 10 seconds to load that page. This doesn't exactly fall under acceptable standards. 

Are there any form of tweaking that can be done? I noticed the dll for the webgrid is around 2.5mb, which is rather huge - is this a factor affecting the load times?

Parents
No Data
    posted

I'm not sure if this is what you're problem is, but anyway:

When you deploy the project, make sure that the DLLs you copy into the bin folder are the unsigned ones. You can get extensive loading times if using signed dlls and it has to check with a provider (such as verisign) or even longer times if it cannot check the signature and times out before it will use it. Unsigned dlls are provided in the infragistics program files folder where you installed it.

Children
No Data