Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebCombo lose focus event?
posted

Hi.  I've recently upgraded to NetAdvantage 2009 (9.1.20091.1015 I believe), for use in an ASP.Net 3.5 project (VS 2008).

I have a page with mutliple WebCombo boxes each within their own WARP panel, arranged vertically.  I need to trap when the focus is lost on the 1st combo so I can update the 2nd WebCombo (and if this is changed the effect will cascade down to the 3rd combo).

The thing is I want to be able to do a type-ahead type lookup to allow the user to narrow down their search in the WebCombo, but this fires the SelectedRowChanged event on the server each time the WebCombo value changes.  This means that in theory each keystroke into the combo causes a new value to be selected which triggers the SelectedRowChanged event, which causes a refresh in the next WARP panel (and so on down).

I *do* need to know when the row has changed value - but I'd rather know just once when they have finished with that control.  I have tried to add an 'onblur' event in javascript code - but that doesn't seem to work.  I really need a solution that will work with IE and Firefox please!

Many thanks in advance for any help!

cheers,

Jonathan