Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
slow chart update...any reasonable fix?
posted

Hi,

I am drawing a scatter chart with ~ 1500 data points in one series and two datapoints in another series. The second series is a time marker, the user will be clicking on the chart to scrub the marker back and forth across the data (this updates other visualizations as well). This works fine without the 1500 data point series, but once I add that in it takes multiple seconds to scrub the marker. The code that scrubs the marker is:

CurrentTimeSeriesXCoordinates[0].Value = p.X;

I guess this is triggering an expensive refresh of the other series as well, which is unacceptably slow for my application. Any ideas for workarounds? I'm going to try drawing a second identical chart so the series arent in the same chart, but I'd _really_ like to be able to update my charts in a reasonable amount of time.

Daniel

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

unfortunately there is no partial refreshing of a scatter chart right now, but we are working on these performance issues for a future version.

i think the second identical chart solution is a good idea, although i've never seen it attempted so i can't tell you if it will work or not.

Reply Children
No Data