Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Add Server Control To Tab
posted

Hello

I have a tab control which is sat inside of an updatepanel.

I am adding new tabs via asyn postback and in the postback i add a custom server control of mine to the new tab.

This works fine but when the page refreshes after the async postback any other (existing) tabs which contained other instances of the custom server control no longer display the control.

If you add a new tab and set the targeturl property of the tab to a page and the tab remembers this on postback and still displays the page. I'm guessing the tab is just writing the targeturl away to viewstate or somewhere so, it know how to load it again on postback. Is there a way to get it to remember how to load the custom server control?

Also, and this is probably a really stupid question but is there a way to add a new tab say via client script or some way without the need to refresh the whole tab control?

Thank you