Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Dynamic Rows and Column implementation in grid.
posted

Hi All,

I am facing some realtime issue in my implementation.

I want to implement dynamic rows and dynamic columns headers. I want to have a two dimensional matrix

matrix  with dynamic row header names and column names. In the matrix then I need to put the data

checking the column header name and row name.

The data field should be editable and need to capture the changed value of the cell.

Its urgent.

Thanks and Regards

Monish

Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi Monish:

Have you looked at the grid examples at componentsforjsf.com? There are examples there for making grid cells editable - its really easy.

The easiest way to create dynamic rows and columns is to bind the grid to a different data cllection on the server. There are several techniques for this, some of which have been described in othe rposts on this forum. The basic technique is to generate the grid dynamically on the server rather than relying on JSP or XHTML code.

In your JSP you have only (something like) the following:

<ig:gridView binding="{#someBean.gridObject" id="myGrid" />

and everything else is on the server.

The classes needed for generating a grid from server-side Java code are all listed in the Infragistics API.

If you are really in a hurry you mght want to contact Infragistics and ask them about hiring a consultant to build this for you.

Best,
    Jim