Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid masterDetail 'expand all' Functionality - Possible in JSF version?
posted

We are in _desparate_ need of a way to implement an 'expand all' function for grids with masterDetail facets.

We don't have any multi-layer nestings... just a single layer.  How can we solve this problem?

Is there a way to do this with a bit of custom Javascript (which I'm not afraid of)?  I've tried a few things, but calling some of the same Javascript functions in [seemingly] the exact same way as the stock implementation doesn't work as I would expect.

The particular scenario where this is most needed won't typically see more than 4 or 5 rows in the parent grid, so we'd only need to expand that many rows.  I can see where if there were several dozen (or hundred) rows, there'd be a significant performance hit from all the AJAX calls/traffic.

Is there a way to set the rows expanded in the Java on a GridView object, maybe?  Anything...?

PLEASE HELP!

Parents Reply Children
No Data