Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Adding columns dynamically to an existing grid
posted

Hi,

I have a grid having couple of columns. Now I want to add few more columns binding the grid on the java side. How can I do that ?

The problem i am facing currently is that, if i create the grid completely on the java side or on xhtml it works fine but i am not able to mix them as in keep some columns on the xhtml and adding more from the java.

If someone can answer when are the column present in the grid get added : 1) The time when the setter of the binding og grid is called (Which is not happening) 2) Or some other time which i am not aware of.

Please help .....

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi:

If  you have the grid working from the server-side, it might be best to just generate your grid that way. When you bind the grid to a Grid object on the server you should be able to manipulate the server side object to add or remove rows, but I have never tried this directly.

Have you tried setting the render property on the columns? That way you could include all columns in your XHTML and then decide which to display from the server-side.

Hope this helps,
    Jim

Children
No Data