Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebGrid is not sorting properly
posted

Hi,

I am using Server side sort. I am getting the sorted list from stored procedure and binding the data to webgrid.

While rendering the grid, a client sort is happening and this causing problem with text starting with special characters.

The sorted list from stored procedure is over-ridden by client side Infragistics sort.

How to avoid this client side sort and display the binded data?

I tried using e.Cancel also in the sortcolumn event, but it didn't work out.

posted

I don't believe the grid sorts anything automatically, so you are probably doing something you are not telling us. 

but you can try disabling sort. DisplayLayout has properties for it. you can also set SortingAlgorithmDefault to Custom. This should prevent grid from applying its own sort. 

But again, i think you are doing something to cause the sort, or misinterpeting the problem. 

Might be helpful if you post all the code. Just use a paste page such as http://utilitybase.com/paste so the code is more readable.