Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to pin a column
posted

Hi,

This may seem like a stupid question, but does anybody know where can I find the property of a column to "pin" it, I mean, I have a grid that is 100% the width of the web page, but the columns are scrolled with a horizontal scrollbar, however, there are some columns I want to remain on the right so they're also visible.

I've seen at the samples but I havetn't found any example.

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi,

This functionality can be achieved by using the Fixed Header on the UltraGridColumn. To do this, after the databind occurs you have to set some properties of the DisplayLayout of the Grid. If you are handling the InitializeLayout event, then the best place should be to place the code there.  The following block of code shows how to set this:

Protected void UltraWebGrid1_InitializeLayout(object sender, Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.LayoutEventArgs e)

{

e.Layout.UseFixedHeaders = true;

e.Layout.Bands[0].Columns[1].Header.Fixed = true ; //the 2nd column is fixed or pinned

e.Layout.FixedHeaderIndicatorDefault = Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.FixedHeaderIndicator.Button;

}

Please visit the following link to get more information on this:

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/NET/2008.3/CLR3.5/html/Infragistics35.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.v8.3~Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.ColumnHeader~Fixed.html

If you are not handling this event, then the “e.Layout” part should be replaced with “NameOfTheGrid.DisplayLayout”.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Children
No Data