Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
error in UltraWebTab
posted

I try to use the UltraWebTab in my application, but I’m getting an error “Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'this._postBackSettings.async' is null or not an object” when I change between tabs.

Please help me how to avoid this error

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="AssortmentDashBoard.aspx.cs"

Inherits="AssortmentTools_AssortmentDashBoard" Title=":.Hendry Assortment Tools.: Assortment Tools"

MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/Hendry.master" %>

<asp:Content ID="AssortmentContent" ContentPlaceHolderID="BodyPlaceHolder" runat="server">

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

function CollapseLeftNav()

{

collapse();

}

</script>

<igtab:UltraWebTab ID="tabsAssortment" runat="server" EnableViewState="true" AutoPostBack="true" Height="680px" Width="99%"

BarHeight="0" BorderWidth="0" OnTabClick="tabsAssortment_TabClick" >

<DefaultTabStyle Height="20px" ForeColor="white" Font-Bold="true" />

<RoundedImage FillStyle="LeftMergedWithCenter" HoverImage="../images/tab_hover.gif"

NormalImage="../images/tab_top_normal.gif" SelectedImage="../images/tab.gif" />

<HoverTabStyle ForeColor="black">

</HoverTabStyle>

<Tabs>

<igtab:Tab Key="Recommend Assortment" Text="Recommend Assortment">

</igtab:Tab>

<igtab:Tab Key ="Compare Assortment" Text="Compare Assortment">

<igtab:Tab Key="Examine Assortment" Text="Examine Assortment">

<igtab:Tab Key="Share Scenarios" Text="Share Scenarios">

</Tabs>

</igtab:UltraWebTab>

</asp:Content>

And the code behind is as below.

public partial class AssortmentTools_AssortmentDashBoard : System.Web.UI.Page

{

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

((MasterPages_Hendry)this.Page.Master).PageTitle = "Assortment Tools Dashboard";

((MasterPages_Hendry)this.Page.Master).AddBodyAttribute("onload", "CollapseLeftNav()");

if (Session["AddProduct"] != null)

{

tabsAssortment.SelectedTabIndex = 1;

}

else

{

tabsAssortment.SelectedTabIndex = 0;

}

}

protected void tabsAssortment_TabClick(object sender, Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebTab.WebTabEvent e)

{

if (e.Tab.Key.ToString() == "Compare Assortment")

{

e.Tab.ContentPane.TargetUrl = "../AssortmentTools/CompareAssortment.aspx";

tabsAssortment.DataBind();

tabsAssortment.SelectedTabIndex = 1;

}

}

protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e)

{

InitializeComponent();

base.OnInit(e);

}

private void InitializeComponent()

{

}

}

posted

Hi,

The exception 'this._postBackSettings.async' is probably coming from the collapse() function which is called by CollapseLeftNav. The UltraWebTab or any Infragistics controls do not have variable with name _postBackSettings.

I suggest you to insert in front of "collapse();" new line with "debugger;". When you debug page and hit that debug statement, then press F11. That may help you to figure out where exception is coming from, where _postBackSettings is used and why it is null.