Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Combo in Webgrid
posted

Hi,

I need help in setting up the grid with the following specification.

I have a table of routing information, which have Country and State. I also have a details table that holds the Country id, Destination id, and data (i.e. population, growth rate, etc.) corresponding to the selected Country and State information.

My question is, how do I set up a grid which have a column for each Country and State using dropdown lists or combo boxes? When I select a Country, the State list will automatically be updated with states that corresponde to the selected Country. I would like to save the data using the Country and State Id values, not the text values.

Thanks. 

posted

Hi,

I'm just wondering if you finally get this thing to work because I have to do exactly the same thing as you.  I know you were told to use the ajax pro library, is it working fine ?  Or did you finally use another way of solving your issue ?

I'm asking you this because I'm not too familiar with Ajax and the answer was very straight forward so...

Thanks,

Philippe

posted

hi,

you can use the great library AJAX.PRO from Michael Schwarz ->www.ajaxpro.info

you call the method on the server  and then you write the result value into the dropdown control.