Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebListBar tied to SQL
posted

Hello, I just started using the WebListBar on .Net Advantage 2008 CLR 3.5 Vol1........and I was wondering how can I tie the listbar to a SQL Stored Procedure? Can I use Data Source and go from there, so that the list bar is loaded according to the Stored proc? Also, is it possible to add a WebGrid or an UltraChart inside the ListBar instead of the collection items in a Group? And I want to capture the item selected in each group into session variables. For.Eg if a user selects Item 2 from Group 1 then as soon as they click on that item, the value must be stored in ***ion variable similarly later when a user selects item 3 from Group 2 and item 1 from group 3 then the values from groups 2 and 3 must be stored in session variables. I've tried using the ItemClicked event for the listbar but i can get just one item value at a time. What I'm trying to aim at is a cascading Dropdown List sort of. Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

The WebListbar does not support databinding.  You would have to populate a dataset from your stored proc and loop thorugh the items to add the groups and items. 

You can place anything inside of a group of a listbar.

The Listbar only support single selection.  You can maintain multiple selection by swapping out styles and storing information in hidden fields.

Children
No Data