Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How can i refresh the contents of a WebTab
posted

hi,

i've just started to work with infragistic controls. trying to use UltraWebTab and having problem with refreshing it's contents.

i've a tab control on a page with two tabs. each of those have a content pane which has the url of other pages. the page on the first tab has a UtraWebGid control and the page loaded on the other tab is a simple entry form with some fields and save button on it.

the first problem i'm facing is that i couldn't get the grid object on the form which has tab control to be used in client-side code. the second problem is... when i save the data on the page that is on the second tab, i want the first tab to be selected and the page on the first form should be refreshed so the gird has the newly added data.

another problem is... when i want to edit the data i select a row from the grid on the first page and get the id of the record and set it in the query string of the second tab TargetURL and set the second tab selected. the tab does change but it doesn't load the latest data i asked for, as the contents of this page don't refresh.

i hope that i discribed my problem properly. please help... even only if u can guide me tht where can i get some solution.

thanx
Buzurg in Jeanz

Parents
No Data
    posted

There are a number of questions here.

To access a control in a WebTab content area from the main page, where the content is defined using TargetURL, please refer to the following article from our online Knowledge Base:
    HOWTO: Accessing the Web Page in the WebTab's Target URL From The Main Web Page

I don't have solutions available for your remaining questions, since the answers will likley depend on what you've implemented so far.  I see two additional distinct questions:
    - How to switch the active tab of WebTab when committing data inside one of the tabs, and to refresh the content of the newly-active tab
    - How to refresh data on one tab of a WebTab by adding a query string to its TargetURL, based on action performed in another tab

Please remember that these forums area a peer-to-peer resource to share issues and ideas with other Infragistics users.  If you require official support from Infragistics, please submit a support request to Infragistics Developer Support from this page of our website.

Please submit each question as a separate incident, unless the questions are very closely related.  This will help both you and Developer Support track which issues have been resolved and which ones require further action.

Children
No Data