Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Clientside cell updating data problem
posted

Hello,

I am using a webgrid with subbands and a RowEditTemplate to edit a subband. I'm doing the recommended clientside script to fill the edittemplate and write it back to the corresponding row, so far this all works fine.

The problem is that when i use cell.setValue(...) on a cell that has a DateTime datatype, and the source of the new datetime is a WebDateTimeEdit, the datetime gets displayed in the cell in english format (MM/dd/yyyy) instead of the german format (dd.MM.yyyy) it had before editing.

How can i tell the cell in what format the datetime should be displayed and why is the format different before editing and after?

Cheers,

Alex

Verified Answer
    posted

I found the solution in the following: Goto the Colums Collection in the band and set the Format to be "dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm:ss" - anything else had no impact on the displayformat.

Cheers,

Alex

posted

Try giving cell's maskededit property (coding part) and give the format you want like dd.MM.yyyy.

Hope, this helps.