Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom object based Hierarchical LoadOnDemand?
posted

I'm using llblgen as my business object layer so all my data comes back in custom objects and collections. I would like to be able to bind the grid to my master level object. This works. I would also like the grid to display an expansion indicator per row (even though it doesn't have the child data yet). When the user clicks to expand a row, I would expect that I can hook that event at the server, determine which row they expanded, load those details from the database for that specific Band0 row, and then populate into that band. If the user clicks another row, then server side, I'd add the child data for that Band0 row.  I've been searching this forum and reading the docs and can't find anything even close to what I need. Seems every example uses datasets with multiple tables and load ALL the data, master and detail, from the database upfront and that "loadondemand" is only between the browser and aspnet process.

Does the grid support what I want to do?