Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
sample request for version 8.1 Webgrid inside WARP using LoadPreset
posted

i'm having trouble getting the grid to do what i want with the WARP panel control... if there is another better way to do this please let me know.

1) there must be generic way of load features and styles for the grid (we use the same preset everywhere using LoadPreset)
 2) I want have a textbox and button that can be filled to do a search
 3) when the button is clicked the grid will will postback asynchronously and refresh with a list of results that i will provide it from a dataset/datatable
 4) The grid should not lose its styles (already loaded from the loadpreset)

currently i have the textbox, button and grid all inside the WARP panel and when the button is pushed and asynchronous postback occurrs and the data is not shown and the style of the grid is lost.

It would be very difficult for me to give you a sample project but if you could show me the right direction of a sample that i can look at that would be great.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

Yes, it is very hard without a reproduction, but I do have a couple of suggestions

1) Use asp:UpdatePanel instead of WARP. WARP was developed before UpdatePanel and server primarily for ASP.NET 1.x projects and where UpdatePanel is not available - depending on the setup you may get better results with UpdatePanel.

2) Use the UltraWebGrid's built-in AJAX functionality instead of wrapping it inside ajax enabler like WARP or UpdatePanel. Most of the grid functionality like Sort, Filter, Paging, etc has AJAX modes.

HTH,

Children
No Data