Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Very Very important , ig:gridView not reRendering..
posted
In my application i am using

<ig:gridView> 

I have to change ReRender this grid using a4j:support / a4j:commandButton.

But the grid is not reRedering. Showing old data.

How i can solve this?? I have to a4j:support and this is strick as per my project requirement.

Is net advantage not compatable with a4j: ??

If so its really a serious bug as jsf developer may have to use a4j frequently ....

Please help...

thnx in advance

posted

Hi:

Since JSF does not define a standard for AJAX, all the different component libraries have their own methods for  it. This has led to large areas of incompatibility between JSF libraries.

NetAdvantage and a4j each hav etheir own AJAX engine and they are not entirely compatible. This is not a "bug" on the part of a4j or NetAdvantage - its just the way each library has been set up.

I am sorry that you are saddled with a4j as I feel that the AJAX implementation in NetAdvantage is a lot easier to work with.

In any case, your best path forward is probably to replace the a4j:commandButton with an h:commandButton. You can invoke javascript on that button to refresh your grid.

There are some examples of this at componentsforjsf.com in the online demo section, under the AJAX tab.

Best,
    Jim

posted

Hi Gantait,

Below link provides a sample application on 'Refreshing data in Web Grid'. Hope this helps.

http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/p/16505/62513.aspx#62513

Thank you!

posted

can you please post your bean code whereyou are trying to modify the grid data on ajax.

making a wild guess .. if you have not done it already, after updating the datasource of the grid , call method databind() on the gridView. 

I hope it helps