Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
URGENT: Updating Ultrawebgrid then sorting
posted

Hello,

I have a simple ultrawebgrid placed within an update panel.  I am using ClientSideEvents-AfterExitEditModeHandler to update the cell and call a javascript function.  Everything works perfectly except when I go to sort right after changing the context of the cell.  On the SortColumn method I am rebinding the grid.

The only way I can get this to work is if I add a method to handle OnUpdateCell and issue the e.Cancel command within that.  The reason why I do NOT want to do that is because I want this to be all clientside because I am not saving the data back to the database until they hit the save button.  If I do not use the OnUpdateCell handler then I get a nullreference error when I go to sort right after updating the cell.

Basically what I am trying to accomplish is making the updatecell strictly client side rather than server side.  Is there any way around this?  Seems like a bug to me..

Thanks in advance!