Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Horizontal scroll disappears when column is 'fixed'
posted

Fellow coders... 

I'm having a problem with the horizontal scroll bar disappearing when a column is 'fixed'. 

I have a grid with two bands.  When the grid is first displayed (band 2 not showing) the horizontal scroll bar is not shown as band 1 displays fully in the given width of the grid.  When I expand band 2 the horizontal scroll appears, as the width of band 2 is greater than the given width of the grid.  However, if I then 'fix' a column, a postback is generated, and when the form is refreshed the scroll bar has gone.  It looks like the grid has 'forgotten' how wide it is when the column is fixed and uses its original (band 1) width to determine whether to display the horizontal scroll bar.  The scroll bar returns if you collapse/expand band 2, which does get around the problem, but I don't fancy telling my client that they have to do this every time they want to fix a column, as I'll sound a bit silly.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks,

Richard