Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Server side validation and WebDateChooser
posted

Hi,

I'm writing a page with several validation controls, some of wich are only server side.

In this page I need a RequiredFieldValidation attacched to an infragistic WebDateChooser. 

To display all errors at once I need to set EnableClientScript="false" on all validators so validation will occurr only on server side.

The RequiredFieldValidation works fine in "client side" mode, but if I set EnableClientScript="false" then during the server side validation this validator doesn't work.

I test RequiredFieldValidation with EnableClientScript="false" with TextBox and others controls and it work fine, but for some reason it doesn't work with WebDateChooser.

Thanks in advance for any help

Roberto

Here a sample:

code behind:

protected void submit(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
  if (!Page.IsValid) return;
  resultLabel.Text =
"done!";
}

page code:

<table>
<tr>
  <th>First date:</th>
  <td><igsch:WebDateChooser ID="firstDateChooser" runat="server" />
    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator runat="server" ControlToValidate="firstDateChooser" 
      ErrorMessage="First date is required." Display="None" ValidationGroup="gr1" EnableClientScript="false" />
  </td>
</tr>
</table>
<asp:ValidationSummary runat="server" ValidationGroup="gr1" EnableClientScript="false"/>
<asp:LinkButton runat="server" Text="Submit" OnClick="submit" ValidationGroup="gr1" />
<br />
<asp:Label ID="resultLabel" runat="server"></asp:Label>

Verified Answer
    posted

I finally found a solution.

The problem is that the property signed as ValidationProperty is the Text property and the standard NullText for WebDateChooser is "Null".

Settings the NullText property at empty string resolve the problem. The RequiredFieldValidation found an empty string and display the error message.

Bye

Roberto