Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Web grid removing duplicate entries
posted

Hi,

I have asp.net page where there is a button and a webgrid . On clicking that button I open a modal pop up window where the user searches for some values. When they click select on the modal popup I create a new row with  those values in my webgrid with those values. Everything works fine as now. But when they click that select button again, there is another row created if the values are same.

My question is how to remove or filter out the duplicate values in the grid. I want to do this in the client side. Bascially i need help in how to iterate through the item collection of the grid and see for matching row id;s or something like that. Any suggestions with some code is appreciated.

Thanks,

posted

Hello,

I believe this great post from Vince will help you with that - I believe his sample code is spot on with what you need - iterating through client-side grid rows:

http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/p/17572/63753.aspx

By the  way, what you have done seems like a great scenario - I am sure that if you share your code (of course if you can and have the time) with our community, this would certainly have a lot of folks excited.

Thank you.