Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
NullReferenceException in WebGrid after migration to v8.3 - A bug?
posted

Hello,

after upgrading an application from NetAdvantage v8.1 CLR 2 to NetAdvantage v8.3 CLR 3.5 I get a NullReferenceException when running the WebPart on a SharePoint WebPart-Page. Running the same WebPart on a ASP.NET page with a WebPart zone is no problem.

Here an example stack trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid.IdentifyDocumentType(Page p) +121
   Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid.Initialize() +73
   Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid.Control_Init() +15
   Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid.OnInit(EventArgs e) +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
   System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +198
   System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +80
   myFramework.Web.UI.WebPart.ChangeReplaceableUserControl(String virtualPathToControl) +500
   myFramework.Web.UI.WebPart.CreateChildControls() +305
   myApplication.myWebPart.CreateChildControls() +384
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +44
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

I get the error in several WebParts with different grid-definitions and I changed nothing else than the NetAdvantage version.

I investigated the problem a little bit and find out that the implementation of the method Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid.IdentifyDocumentType(Page p) has significantly changed from v8.1 to v8.3. The SharePoint master page we are using has no doctype defined, the IE is in quirksMode. Adding a doctype to the master somewhere in the HTML markup solves the problem but is no possibility for us. It seems to me as if this is a bug in the WebGrid implementation?!

I would debug the problem but I have no debug symbols for the assemblies provided by Infragistics. Compile the source code myself and use theis would be time consuming. Why does Infragistics does not provide the debug symbols with the source code package?

Any ideas if this is a bug or if I did something wrong?

Thanks for your help, best regards

simon
Parents Reply Children
No Data