Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebGrid and LoadOnDemand
posted

Hi

I'm quite new to ASP.NET in general so sorry if this turns out to be a basic one.

Firstly, what i'm trying to acheive is to populate an UltraWebGrid with the results of a large query. If I try this with Browser and LoadOnDemand set to Auto it works very nicely, but the page load time is very long. So, what I need is to implement LoadOnDemand.

Now, having read the documentation on the subject, I have set the Browser (which by the way is IE7) and LoadOnDemand to XML. Made sure I populate the data in the InitializeDataSource event.

Now the page load time is significantly reduced, but I have no data displayed in the WebGrid.

What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE: I've just tried this with a simpler query and it seems to work with that. I noticed there is a page load error saying that there is an "Unterminated String Constant". I suspect this is something to do with the dataset i'm trying to display. Like I say it works as long as I don't try to background load the data.

Chris

posted

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for your feedback on this. Could you try keeping Browser="Xml" and LoadOnDemand="Xml", and enable paging for the grid? If you still get this error message about the unterminated string constant, it could well be some parsing bug in the UltraWebGrid. On the other hand, you could submit a sample project and our team will be more than willing to provide you with prompt feedback on this issue. 

Best,

Angel