Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Hiding the root expander icon
posted

Hi Guys,

I'm having difficulty hiding the expansion icon at the root of my WebTree.  This one:-

My tree is built up in two parts... the first, on _PageLoad( ) populates the root, and the first level nodes to give my default view.  The second, uses ManualSmartCallbacks to populate any nodes from that point onwards without a complete page refresh/postback via the asynchronous _DemandLoad callback.

I've also set WebTreeTarget to ClassicTree in order to show the connector lines.

However, if in the _PageLoad( ), I set myNode.ShowExpand to false, the icon still appears.  (The node does have myNode.Expanded set to true and its next level populated however).

I've tried the alternative approach of turning off all expand images by setting myTree.ExpandImagesVisible to false, and then for any node which has children (either in the initial _PageLoad( ) or _DemandLoad( ) ), I set the myNode.ShowExpand to true.  However, then I get this result with the root node:-

(The dotted line to the left of my green arrow icon).

Does anybody have a suggestion or work-around to fix this?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Word from Infragistics tech support is, this feature is not currently supported.

It's on their feature requests list.

Other possible work-arounds which will not work either:-

• Multiple root nodes (and manual rendering of the root yourself, outside the tree component)... Multiple roots are not possible.
    • Changing visibility (myNode.Hidden) to hide the root node, but not children... does not work, it hides the whole branch (in this case the tree).
Children
No Data