Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebMenu - load Item with saved Item?
posted

Okay, so I've tried to get this to work but haven't figured it out yet - I'm hoping someone here on the boards might be able to lend some insight to help me get past this.

What I'm doing is loading up an UltraWebMenu programmatically, and this works just fine.  Let's use a Menu with 2 options, TopA and TopB for my explanation.  TopB has a set of about 4 levels of options that are generated at inital load based on the user.  This works fine.  My challenge is that the buildout of this menu takes about .3 seconds on the server side every time it is done (it is part of the masterpage), and I'm looking to eliminate this build time.  My objective is to take the TopB portion of the menu and stash it away in a session variable after the initial load and then load the entire TopB portion of the menu by loading it with saved off value.

Any hints/suggestions?  I've probably been looking at this for too long to see the obvious.

Thanks!