Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
load on demand inside of updatepanel, first 50 rows missing
posted

I have a grid with load on demand working.  The first 50 get loaded and then the scrolling fetches the next 50.  No problem.   Now I'm trying to delay loading of the grid until after the page is already displayed.  I want the page to pop right up and then postback to get the grid data.  In order to do this, I'm usig an updatepanel and a timer set to 1 sec so that will trigger the updatepanel once the page is loaded.  Since the grid is in the updatepanel, the grid will then fetch the rows.  The problem is that the first 50 rows are not displayed in the grid but if I scroll down, the next 50 do come in correctly.  If I scroll back up there are 50 empty rows.  I initally have the grid visible set to false and then turn it visible once I get a postback.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Eric 

Parents
No Data
    posted

The AJAX functionality of WebGrid isn't compatible with UpdatePanel.  The two controls use different approaches to AJAX that interfere with each other.

If you want to use the built-in AJAX functionality of WebGrid, I suggest you use WebAsyncRefreshPanel instead.  This uses the same AJAX approach that WebGrid uses.

I also suggest not using the Visible property to hide your grid.  Doing this may cause the needed JavaScript files to not be sent.  Try hiding your grid by setting its Style to "display:none" or "display:hidden" instead.

Children
No Data