Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
SharePoint webpart with WebGrid inside
posted

I have embedded a WebGrid into a SharePoint web part and it works OK - I create the grid programatically and add it using CreateChildControls method.

I have one issue which is after I add my WegGrid-containing web part to the MOSS page.  I do this in MOSS via Site Actions - Edit Page and edit the web part page, click a web part zone and pick my web part to add it.  It goes onto the page fine, but I can't close the web part using the X in the top right corner.  I can add other built-in web parts to the page and close them OK, e.g. content query web part, content editor web part etc.  But when I try to close my own web part in MOSS the browser doesn't post back and just does nothing.  The same thing happens if I click the Edit dropdown and select Close or Delete - again the web part is not removed from the page.

I know this isn't a MOSS forum but I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?  Seems like it might be to do with Javascript on the page?

The browser is IE7.  Firefox doesn't have the same issue but you need to use IE really for MOSS work.