Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can't load RowEditTemplate (band 1)
posted

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabla normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} This is a Page_load method that I use in my custom control,I want to add two editTemplates, in the same grid and in two differents bands.

I couldn't add the templates using the same method that infragistics examples shows. When I add both template in the way showed below only the parent band displays the template, and the child band lets you update but not with the assigned template. The webgrid is located inside a webusercontrol...

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

Dim rowTemplate As New UserControl

Me.Page.LoadTemplate("ProvinciaTemplate.ascx").InstantiateIn(rowTemplate)

Me.UWGCustom.Bands(0).RowEditItem.Controls.Add(rowTemplate)

Dim rowTemplate2 As New UserControl

Page.LoadTemplate("CiudadTemplate.ascx").InstantiateIn(rowTemplate2)

Me.UWGCustom.Bands(1).RowEditItem = New RowEditItem(Nothing)

Me.UWGCustom.Bands(1).RowEditItem.Controls.Add(rowTemplate2)

End Sub

TIA!

Daniel

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Daniel,

This could be a page lifecylce issue - at the moment of adding the template in Page_Load it may be too late in the page lifycle (e.g. the second band is already expanded). Can you please try moving the code in OnInit instead of OnLoad? Also you can experiment moving the code in the InitializeLayout event of the grid.

Please, let me know how it goes.

Children
No Data