Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
dynamically creating an editable grid
posted

Hi

I am creating a gridView dynamically as result may have different columns for different queries etc. Displaying the columns is working along with rows. But now I need to enable the editing in the gridView.

resultGridView=new HtmlGridView();

resultGridView.setDataSource(new ListDataModel(investments));

I have found getGridEditing() and it has some enabling methods. But some of them are using string which I believe are defined somewhere to show what are the valid values but api documentation doesn't point to it.

The bigger issue is that it returns null and there is no setGridEditing() method.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Hello all,

This is my first post so please be gentle.  I don't even know if this is the correct place to put this, but these other posts are dealing with some of the same issues that I'm having.  What I'm trying to do is have a page with two tabs and within each tab is an editable grid.  The JSP is below.   I get

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Duplicate component ID '_id0:dataTabs:dataTwoGV:ge2

found in view. org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:522) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:398) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ExternalContextImpl.java:322)

etc....

even though I was carful to make sure each of the components have  a uniq ID.  Could it be that I need multiple <f:view> tags???  I'm new to the JSF and Infragistics areana.

This is all leading up to the point where eventually I'm going to dynamically make columns in Java put them into the grid and make the grid editable...  But baby steps first I guess :o)

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!!

Eric Bieche

Senior Programmer

Nielsen

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h" %>

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f" %>

<%@ taglib uri="http://es.infragistics.com/faces/netadvantage" prefix="ig" %>

<%@ page language="java"

contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"

pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='style2.css' />

<title>ABS Penetration Model</title>

</head>

<body><f:view><h:form>

<span class='heading'>ABS Penetration Model</span>

<br/>

<ig:tabView id="dataTabs" >

<ig:tabItem value="Look at Data1">

<ig:gridView id="dataOneGV"

allowFixedColumns="true"

rowFetchSize="300"

loadOnDemand="default"

columnStyleClass="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif;"

style="height: 200px; width: 100%; font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif; font-weight: bold;"

binding="#{webgrid_dynamicGridPage.grid1}"

dataSource="#{webgrid_dynamicGridPage.data1}" >

<ig:gridEditing id="ge1"

enableOnMouseClick="single"

cellValueChangeListener="#{webgrid_dynamicGridPage.cellValueChangeListener}" />

<ig:gridActivation id="ga1" />

<f:facet name="header"> <h:outputText value="The Data One" /> </f:facet>

<ig:column style="width:30px" readOnly="true">

<f:facet name="header"> <h:outputText value="DMA" /> </f:facet>

<h:outputText value="#{DATA_ROW.dmaCode}" />

</ig:column>

<%-- More columns here --%>

<ig:column style="width:30px">

<f:facet name="header"> <h:outputText value="Factor" /> </f:facet>

<f:facet name="editor">

<h:inputText value="#{DATA_ROW.factor}"

styleClass="igGridCellEdit"

style="width:30px;height:11px" />

</f:facet>

<h:outputText value="#{DATA_ROW.factor}" />

</ig:gridView>

</ig:tabItem>

<ig:tabItem value="Look at Data2">

<ig:gridView id="dataTwoGV"

allowFixedColumns="true"

rowFetchSize="300"

loadOnDemand="default"

columnStyleClass="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif;"

style="height: 200px; width: 100%; font-style: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif; font-weight: bold;"

binding="#{webgrid_dynamicGridPage.grid2}"

dataSource="#{webgrid_dynamicGridPage.data2}" >

<ig:gridEditing id="ge2"

enableOnMouseClick="single"

cellValueChangeListener="#{webgrid_dynamicGridPage.cellValueChangeListener}" />

<ig:gridActivation id="ga2" />

<f:facet name="header"> <h:outputText value="The Data Two" /> </f:facet>

<ig:column style="width:30px" readOnly="true">

<f:facet name="header"> <h:outputText value="DMA" /> </f:facet>

<h:outputText value="#{DATA_ROW.dmaCode}" />

<%-- More columns here --%>

<ig:column style="width:30px">

<f:facet name="header"> <h:outputText value="Factor" /> </f:facet>

<f:facet name="editor">

<h:inputText value="#{DATA_ROW.factor}"

styleClass="igGridCellEdit"

style="width:30px;height:11px" />

</f:facet>

<h:outputText value="#{DATA_ROW.factor}" />

</ig:gridView>

</ig:tabItem>

</ig:tabView>

</h:form></f:view></body>

</html>