Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebCombo with lots of rows...
posted

I'm using a WebCombo where the dropdown is populated with lots of rows.  To minimize page load time, I've set EnableXmlHTTP=True and XmlLoadOnDemandType=Accumulative.  This helps the page load time, but the dropdown scroll box ranges over the first set of loaded rows only.  When the n+1 row is needed (ie, the scroll box hits the bottom of the scroll bar), the data is loaded and the scroll box jumps up on the scrollbar.

While this works, the user interface (the jumping scroll box) is less than optimal.  I'd like to have the scrollbox set up so that it indicates the total number of row from the very start.  In a grid this can be done with XmlLoadOnDemandType Portioned, Virtual or Background, but those options don't appear to be available on the combo.  Another option for the grid appears to be DataSourceEventArgs, but again that doesn't appear to be available for the combo.

Is there any way to get the scroll box to indicate the total number of rows without actually loading all of the rows at PageLoad time?

Thanks,

Dave Larson