Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WARP + RefreshComplete
posted

Hi,

I have 2 pages. In the first page i have a Webtab as a main container. In the first tab i have a webgrid, when i click on a cell in the grid i will call another tab. In that tab, i have an aspx page which i have divided into 2 sections. Easch section has a WARP Panel in it. In Left panel i have a webtree control and in the right is a container where i will load user control depending on the node that is clicked on the tree.. Let me explain you how i do it, When i click on a cell in the grid, i will load a new tab and then i will bind the treeview accordingly on the left. Each node has a target URL. By default i will load the User control For the firs node by default. so whenever we click on different node, i will load the control depending on it.

So i have defined a Cliet-side javascript for InitializePanel and RefreshComplete for the left panel. In the RefreshComplete, i have written some javascript code to stop showing the progress window image. After loading for the first time, it will by default load the 1st node targetURL and then when i click on different nodes, the RefreshComplete work fine for me. For example when i do the following process.. the refresh complete is not working.

1) In the grid, when i click on a particular cell, i will load the page in a new tab. Then i bind the treeview control.

2) In this case i will not load the default node' target urls, but the child node's TargetURL's depending on the value that i pass from the grid. For ex, let's say i am loading the 3rd node Targeturl. Then when i click on a different node, the RefreshComplete Event is not firing properly.. that is it doesnot even go to the RefreshComplete function.

This happens only for the above scenario.  Can someone tell me what could be the problem. Can you tell me what are the process that are done normally before the RefreshComplete fires. (For test purpose, i have put an alert msg in the RefreshComplete and in each control i have 3 text box whose value i will load dynamically and a button). Please it's very urgent.

Thanks,

Raja.

posted

Hi Raja,

It is hard to follow logic in your application. It looks like that you have tabs which contain aspx pages and you try to control those tabs and their content from main page (or cross from child tabs as well). If it is correct, then I am not sure why you need WARP inside of aspxs of child tabs. Full postbacks in child TargetUrl will not affect postback in main page. Similar architecture seems complex and difficult to implement and without WARP. I think that you should consider to change architecture.