Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
PostBack & NullReferenceException
posted

This is my first project with ultrawebgrid.

I have an ultrawebgrid from which I delete rows using a postback event. When the last record is deleted I get a nullreference exception from the grid. Looks like its something to do with the viewstate.Here is the stack trace

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraGridRow.GetRowLevel(Boolean thruGroup) +109
   Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraGridLayout.System.Web.UI.IStateManager.SaveViewState() +821
   Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid.SaveViewState() +74
   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +187
   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +106
   System.Web.UI.Page.SaveAllState() +168
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1099

Can anyone help me figure out what I am missing when I am setting up the grid and deleting using the post back.

Thank you

Sam

Parents
No Data
    posted

This sounds like one for Developer Support.  You can create a user support "incident", free of charge, at: http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Protected/SubmitSupportIssue.aspx

That will usually get you a reply within a week.  For best results, attach a working application based on the Northwind database that illustrates your problem.  After that, the reply is sometimes "We have determined that this is a bug and we have reported it to the development team."  In which case, the next hotfix may or may not include a fix to your problem.  Or they may simply tell you how to fix your problem.

Children
No Data