Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
e.Row Null Reference exception
posted

So, I have been working on my hyperlink problem (searched and continued a post here http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/t/1393.aspx)

I was trying to figure out what was wrong, and found a setting on my column  "Allow Update" and set it to yes...it WORKED!  it built the targeturl and redirected me.  However, when I left that page, I got a null reference error on the e.Row within my InitializeRow

I turned off the "Allow update" and restarted debugging, still had the error.

I then tried this

protected void uwg_NoFutureApts_InitializeRow(object sender, Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.RowEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Row == null)
            {
                e.Row.Cells.FromKey("Reschedule").TargetURL = "RescheduleAttempt.aspx?id=" + e.Row.Cells[7].Value.ToString();
                e.Row.Cells.FromKey("Reschedule").Value = "Reschedule2";
            }
        }

this just passed right by without trying to set my TargetURL

AND

protected void uwg_NoFutureApts_InitializeRow(object sender, Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.RowEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Row != null)
            {
                e.Row.Cells.FromKey("Reschedule").TargetURL = "RescheduleAttempt.aspx?id=" + e.Row.Cells[7].Value.ToString();
                e.Row.Cells.FromKey("Reschedule").Value = "Reschedule2";
            }
        } 

This throws the Null error?????

nothing has changed in my application other than the allow update, which has been set back.

I am in desperate need of help on this one.  I have no clue what is going on.  How does the row initialize if there isn't a row?  and why is there  suddenly not a row?  I have checked repeatedly..and my grid has rows..if I use the first InitializeRow, basically, skipping the event, I get everything working fine.

posted

Hi,

The actual row is probably not null, but the result of : e.Row.Cells.FromKey("Reschedule"). Could you make sure that "Reschedule" is the proper column name in the database? Thanks

Angel