Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DefaultValue for Column in UltraWebGrid?
posted

I have an UltraWebGrid bound to a Data Source...

At this point, the entire Grid I created is controlled through choices I have made in the Designer. (Of course, I can do some coding if necessary).

I would like to assign a "DefaultValue" for a particular column so that when a new row is added that column takes on the current DateTime (the column is "DateAdded"...duh...). Inside the Designer the "DefaultValue" is greyed out and i am unable to type anything there. Can someone tell me how to accomplish what I am trying to do? (If I can do it in the designer, that would be nice, if not I can do "code behind". I will be using C#.)

And while I am asking, is there an easy way to enable "CRUD" (Change, Upade, Detele) in the UltraWeb Grid or do I need to add a button for saving? I found the "add" button to add new rows and enabled the grid to allow column cahnges, etc. I just cant get the data to actually save. :)

Thanks for any adivce!
Shayne

Parents Reply Children
No Data