Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
loadingIndicator: basic information, usage at rendering time
posted

hello again,

we use big iggrids, bound to a local json datasource written into the html document before igloader is called => no delay because of network transmission.

iggrid needs time (up to 5 seconds) to be rendered. for a better usability we render a placeholder (with estimated size of the actual grid) and we show a spinner inside this placeholder. the placeholder gets removed when the iggrid rendered event is fired. 

I saw the built-in loadingIndicator and we want to use it instead of our spinner. Is this possible at rendering-time?

I could not call $(grid).data("igGrid")._loadingIndicator.show()  (_loadingIndicator undefined) during rendering/databinding. (_loadingIndicator is available when rendered is fired)

so please give me some basic information: what is the loadingIndicator used for? when is it available? how can I use it?

kind regards.