Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Multi Column Layouts
posted

Hi

I'm using the igHierarchicalGrid and am having problems setting up multiple column layouts. I have a common product name at the root level, EG Books, Computers, Food, and expanding each of these I need a distinct column layout which has different columns to the others.

I have been able to do this in the past with your WPF Grid and now trying to move it across to HTML. This is the sort of structure I require to be displayed in a single grid...

+Books
        Title       Author       Date        ISBN

+Computers
        Make      Model        Price

+Food
        Name     Quantity     Price

All the online samples only show a single column template which is the SAME for each child, which is not what I want here. Can you tell me if this is even possible, and if so, how to do it?

Thanks

Martin

Offline posted

Hello Martin,

Sorry for the late response.

I can think of 2 approaches for your case:

1. Define multiple child layouts, where each layout will correspond to a product name. I'm attaching a sample which demonstrates multi-layout configuration.

2. Use a single child layout with all the respective columns in it and then at run-time (when the child grid is created) hide the columns which are not suitable for the product name. In this case you may need to transform your data.

Hope this helps,
    Martin Pavlov
    Infragistics, Inc. 

igHierarchicalGrid_multiple_layouts.zip