Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Absolute row height in virtualized grid
posted

Hi,

i hope you can help me again.

I want to create a grid with an configurable row height (any number choosen by user). The font of the rows (normal, alternated, selected) can also be randomly choosen, while the rows should maintain their height. As the grid might display thousands of records, virtualization is a must.

Setting avgRowHeight doesn't really help me, especially when different font-sizes are used. Of course i could set the height of the rows by CSS, but that might lead to some rows getting cut off, so they cannot be seen at all. I wouldn't mind if the grid changes it's size, so i tried "autoAdjustHeight: false", but it doesn't seem to work when virtualization is enabled.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Lorenz

posted

hey Lorenz,

Yes, I suppose what you're looking for is the "Continuous virtualization" feature, where you don't need to set any fixed height. Take a look at this sample:

http://igniteui.com/grid/virtualization-continuous

you only need to set virtualizationMode: "continuous" in the grid options.

Let me know if it helps. Thanks,

Angel