Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problems with loadOnDemand and drag-and-drop in igTree
posted

Hello all,

I've been working through various quirks with the igTree and drag and drop, but have found one that is a huge pain.  When dropping a node onto another node, it's added as a child correctly.  However, when dragging this node (with a new child) onto another node, the node is collapsed.  When expanding, rather than display the node that was previously added, it re-retrieves the data from the server, which of course is inaccurate.   

This seems needless, in that when the drop event occurs, the actual dragged element still has all of its children available in the markup.  I've tried catching the collapsing event for the dragged node but that event never fires. 

Now I'm looking at a cumbersome server-side management of tree changes and applying them to any populate requests.  This is far from ideal.

Has anyone else had any experience with this?

(also, there's strange behavior where upon dragging a node to its parent, the node simply disappears, but for the time being I've just disabled this as a drop target)

Thanks