Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tooltip data is incorrect when zoomed out.
posted

I have a sizable amount of data in a series on the igDataChart and tool tips are working well for most scenarios but there is a scenario where I believe there is a bug in the display of sudden trend changes when zoomed out.

I have over 3000 data items in my series and in one particular scenario, there is a big drop from one value of 40 down to a value of -3 in the next item. When at a fully zoomed-out level and the tooltip is displayed while hovering over the -3 point, the value 40 is displayed. When zooming in, the correct -3 tooltip value is displayed for the same point.

I think that this relates to the effect when zooming out, where many close points are grouped into one to make the display clearer. The y axis value sequence in this section of the series is 39, 39, 40, 40, -3, -3, -3. When zoomed it appears to only plot 39 and then -3 out of this sequence (which is fine) and the tool tip for 39 correctly appears. It's just the logic that determines what value to display in the grouped scenario that seems to be a little incorrect. It is only apparent because there is such a change between these two values that it became clear.

I am using an MVC AxesBuilder with a NumericYAxis and a CategoryXAxis (version 3.12.1.2059).

p.s. I haven't copied any code simply because there would be lots of code to trawl through.