Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem in building first IgniteUI Starter MVC 4 (Razor) application.
posted

Hi there,

I cannot run an empty project from the template IgniteUI Starter MVC 4 (Razor). I have just installed a trial version of the infragistics libraries 12.2 and I am using Visual Studio 2012 Premium. I have created a new project from the template File->New Project->IgniteUI Starter MVC 4 (Razor). I click on Run (Internet Explorer) and straight away without touching anything I get an "ArgumentOutOfRangeException was unhandled by user code" Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection Error. This is in the Index.cshtml page line number 64. (code below)

@(Html.Infragistics().Grid(Model.Customers.AsQueryable())
.Width("400px")
.DataBind()
.Render()
)

What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something, configuration or setup? can anyone help?

Thanks,
Carl. 

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

There is a problem with IgniteUI Starter MVC 4 (Razor) project template for the Visual Studio 2012.

The version of the Infragistics.Web.Mvc.dll is not compiled against the ASP.NET MVC4 framework.

In order to workaround the problem you should copy the Infragistics.Web.Mvc.dll (4.12.2.1021) from your installation folder (for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\IgniteUI 2012.2\MVC\MVC4\Bin) to your project bin folder and replace the old one.

Hope this helps,

Martin Pavlov

Infragistics, Inc.

Children
No Data