Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igGrid performance with checkbox columns (renderCheckboxes setting)
posted

hi,

we have a requirement to display a grid of approx 300 rows x 100 columns with editable checkboxes. unfortunately, the performance of such grid is sub-par to say the least. i have both rowVirtualization and columnVirtualization settings disabled. i can see the grid is rendering span html elements instead of inputs, which is good, however not good enough. i suspect the grid of this kind of size might actually crash customers' browsers. i am therefore looking for tips on how to optimise the performance of my solution

attached is an example of igGrid with 2500 (50x50) checkbox columns - poor performance is evident but feel free to increase the noOfColumns & noOfRows variables at the top of the script.

example with 20x20 http://jsfiddle.net/wwwroot/vt13ag4t/ - note the performance penalty  upon clicking on any checkbox in the grid.

N.B. the custom "editCellStarted" event is there to enable desired behaviour of a single-click update

N.B the custom "onEditCellEnded" event is there to update the angularJS model we use with igGrid

is there anything that can be done to improve performance?

igGrid_2500.zip