Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid Sizing - Column Sizing/Resizing - Responsive Iggrid with resizable columns?
posted

General question:

How do I accomplish a responsive grid with resizable columns?

Version:

- using ASP.NET to create grid 

Current issue:

Grids have 50+ columns. When using auto on column width and 100% on grid, to resize to screen size, columns are not resizable, and headers are getting cut off where the headers names are much longer than the cell data in the rows.

Grid Requirements:

• Let the grid size responsively to the container its in 100% growing and shrinking with browser size. 
  • Let user re-size columns if needed
  • If possible also fix the headers so the user can see headers at all times
  • Horizontal scrolling

Is there a way to accomplish this? Is there a sample of this with a large set of columns? The samples I see have very few columns.

Issues with columns in grid with 100%:

• Not able to resize columns when using autosize on columns
  • When autosize is done, and the data portion in the cell is small, longer header names get cut off, and the user cannot see the full header name.
  • When setting column width and using grid width 100%, the grid grows to the size of the columns and scroll bar is at the parent level, outside grid at bottom of screen
  • There does not appear to be a min/max col width size that works with auto size that I can find. How can I set a min/max size for auto size?
  • Auto size, imo, should at a minimum be showing the full header text, even if the cell data is very small and header is large.