Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
setting up master child grid in javascript
posted

Hi, i'm using the igHierarchical grid trying to setup a master child view. the parent table is getting data from a rest call. I want to make a seperate rest call for the child details for that given parent row (passing the primary key).

i've found documentation on line for mvc and some javacsript solutions but nothing is working for me. i only want to load the child rows ondemand..i've looked up that feature as well. can someone please help? do i need to do put additional code in the grid's click handler()?

if there was some kind of way, when defining the grid, i could say "childDataSource: JSON.parse("/get/my/data[id='123']"). or something to that extent.

i appreciate the help. yes i am a windows guy as you can probably tell.

Al

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Al,

As I suggested in this forum thread you can use "igchildgridcreating" event, but instead of a JSON you can assign as a data source an Url like this:

$(document).on("igchildgridcreating", function (evt, ui) {

ui.options.dataSource = "/get/my/data[id='123']";

});

Hope this helps,
    Martin Pavlov
    Infragistics, Inc.

Children
No Data