Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igGrid json data values how to get multiple values in single key
posted

Hi

I need to get the multiple values in single key

For example

var northwindEmployees = [
{ "ID": 1, "Name": "Davolio, Nancy", "Title": "Sales Representative", "ImageUrl": "../../images/samples/nw/employees/1.png", "Phone": "(206) 555-9857", "PhoneUrl": "tel:(206) 555-9857", "BirthDate": "\/Date(480808800000)\/", "HireDate": "\/Date(1224795600000)\/", "Country": "USA", "Languages": [{ name: "English" }, { name: "Russian" }] }
]
$("#grid1").igGrid({
dataSource: northwindEmployees,
primaryKey: "ID",
width: "100%",
height: "500px",
autoGenerateColumns: false,
columns: [
{ headerText: "Image", key: "ImageUrl", dataType: "string", template: "

" },
{ headerText: "Name", key: "Name", dataType: "string" },
{ headerText: "Title", key: "Title", dataType: "string" },
{ headerText: "Phone", key: "Phone", dataType: "string" },
{ headerText: "Hire Date", key: "HireDate", dataType: "date" },
{ headerText: "Languages", key: "Languages", dataType: "string", template: "${Languages}" }

i need the languages like (English,Russian) in my grid
please help me
thanks.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Robin,

Currently there is no way to bind the grid to a data source containing complex objects. However you can set up a formatter function that will render the grid in the way you want but you won't really be able to use much of the functionality available to columns with simple properties (such as editing, filtering, etc.).

In your columns definition try to replace the "Languages" definition with the following:

{ headerText: "Languages", key: "Languages", dataType: "object", formatter: function(val){return val[0].name+", "+val[1].name}}

I hope this helps! Please, let me know if you have any other questions and/or concerns!

Regards,

Tsanna

Children
No Data