Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Multiple Row Selection Issues
posted

Hi

In selection mode multiple it says 

In this selection mode, when you click on a single row, the previous selected rows will be deselected.

Is there a way to override/change that behavior?

The users are used to clicking anywhere on a row to be able to select it but want that to add it to the selected rows, not replace the existing selected rows.

Are there any events or config I can use so that without holding down ctrl it will maintain the existing rows? If they clicked again it would remove just that row from being selected.

Thanks

Katy

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Katy,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Community!

The required behavior isn’t provided out of the box and it has to be done programmatically on application level. An appropriate event to bind to would be the onRowSelectionChange. I believe you will find the following sample I have prepared for you very helpful. As you can observe, when the user clicks on a row it would be appended to the selected rows list. If more than one rows are selected and the user clicks on any of the selected rows, its state is going to be toggled and respectively it will be deselected. Furthermore I haven’t overridden SHIFT + Click and Select/Deselect all rows functionalities and they still work as expected.

Please let me know if you need any further questions.

Best Regards,
    Martin Evtimov
    Entry Level Software Developer
    Infragistics, Inc.

Reply Children
No Data