Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to set specific timezone for date in IgDatePicker control
posted

Hi,

I am using IgDatePicker for date control.

By default , the date set in the control is with local timezone. But our requirement is to set the date with some different timezone. (other than local) without changing it to UTC format.

For instance,

My local browser's timezone is IST (i.e. GMT+5:30).If I select date with datepicker as 19th December 2019 10:00. By default local timezone will get added and date will be consided as 19\12\2019 10:00 (GMT+5:30).

But I want to set the same date with German timezone. i.e.  19\12\2019 10:00 (GMT+1).

Is this feasible using any of the options of IGDatePicker control or by any other method?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Sharmila

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Sharmila,

After investigating this further, I determined that your requirement could be achieved using the displayTimeOffset property.  This property gets/sets time zone offset from UTC in minutes. The client date values are displayed with this offset instead of the local one.

More information about handling dates in different time zones can be found in our documentation: using Ignite UI controls in different time zones in the igDatePicker and igDateEditor section.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
    Monika Kirkova,
    Infragistics

Children
No Data