Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ignite ui igx grid floating horizontal scroll bar
posted

I am using igx grid to display data. I have a very tall table which I would like to have a floating horizontal scroll bar across so that user does not have to go to the bottom of table.

Is there any CCS styling do I have to add?

Offline posted

Hello arsv,

Thank you for posting in our community.

The width of every column can be set via columnWidth property of the gird. If the combined width of the columns is larger than the grid's one, the horizontal scrollbar will always be shown. Even when there is no horizontal scrollbar, the vertical one will be displayed on the view paint and there should be no need to scroll all to way to the bottom in order to get to the horizontal scrollbar.

I have created a sample illustrating this behavior. Please test it on your side and let me know how it behaves. If the sample is not working as expected on your side, please modify it in order to replicate the behavior and send it back to me for further investigation.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Martin