Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Installing NetAdvantage 2005 Volume 2 on a WIndows 7 machine
posted

Hi:

I recently upgraded to Windows 7.

I have several applications that were developed using Netadvantage 2005 Volume 2. I still support these applications.

When I tried to install it on the machine, after selectimg the setup type (Complete installation), when I click the next button, I get the "Ready to Install the Application" window. When I click on install, I get another windows that says "Error 1609. ASPNET is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install.."

I know this tool is at least 5 years old and you may say that I will have to upgrade to the latest version. But I cannot say that to my clients.

Can someone guide me on what I should do to get this issue resolved?

Venki

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Venki,

As you said, this is not a supported version any more. Please try following things on the machine.

• Make sure that Default Web Site is named as "Default Web Site", otherwise rename it to "Default Web Site". You can rename it to original name after installation. 
    • IIS6 Management Compatbility need to be configured (Control Panel\ Programs and Features\Turn Windows Features on or off\Internet Information Services\Web Management Tools\IIS6 Management Compatbility)
    • Turn off UAC (restart required) before start of installation and you can turn this back on after installation is complete)
    • Make sure that installer is run with administrative rights (Launch Command Prompt as Administrator and launch installation from command prompt)

If the above steps do not work, please contact Infragistics support team.

Dinker Abraham

Release Engineering Manager

Children
No Data